Block Paved Drive – Flagged Pathway – Manchester
As you’ll note from the image on the left, Mr Hickey’s existing outdoor garden and driveway area was looking tired and worn with cracks, pitting and lumps. He asked us to lay a new driveway and garden area that would stand the test of time and make his property look more inviting. After showing some of our recent projects, Mr Hickey opted an ever popular block paved driveway with flagged pathway.
Our first task was to remove the old drive and prepare the ground for the new blocks. We cleared the old driveway material and then laid a new “type 1” mot foundation and then covered this with hard wearing membrane. Finally, we laid a sand and concrete base mix before settling the new blocks down to form the new driveway and the flags to create the pathway. From start to finish the job took three days.
AT A GLANCE
Blocks & Flagging
SCOPE OF WORK
- Natural Indian Sandstone Flags for the Pathway.
- Mixed colour blocks to create a mottled effect across the drive.
- Strong base membrane to protect against weeds and movement.
- New hardcore base to provide a stable, long lasting base.
- A nice thin row of gravel to split the drive from the path
- New turfing to bring the lawn back to life